Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekend Edition


Happy Friday Everyone! What are you up to this weekend? I feel a little discombobulated since I thought that the Superbowl was this weekend! So I'm not totally sure what the the next two days has in store for me, but we'll soon find out!

I wanted to mention that Matt and I discovered two really neat stores this week. One, is Politics and Prose way way up on Connecticut Ave. People have recommended it to us for a long time, but since it's kind of a trek, we just now got the energy to give it a go. And wow, we'll definitely be back. They have an amazing selection on the first floor, and then SURPRISE a second floor is filled with even more books and a kids space. There is also a quaint coffee shop on the lower level. And...they may allow dogs in the store. I can't be sure about this, but while we were there we saw three! Maybe one day when Rex calms down, he'll wear a sweater vest and sip on a latte at Politics and Prose!

The other store that we visited briefly is TROHV in Takoma Park, DC. It's a modern/industrial furniture store that sells all kinds of goodies. It reminded me of a really fancy Urban Outfitters or Anthropolgie without the clothes. I loved everything inside and have already fantasized about how it would all fit in our apartment, now I just need to win the lottery!

The photo above was taken by me with Instagram from a trip to Harper's Ferry, WV last summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment