Thursday, February 23, 2012

Modern Miller




I could not believe my eyes when I read an email today about the Miller House. They are allowing tenants rent the modern house until it sells, as it is currently on the market. What I great deal! If I was still living in Kentucky I would take full advantage of this home. It would make an amazing entertaining space, and you'd be living in a piece of art! José Oubrerie designed the residence in the late 1980's; completed in 1992. Following Miller's death the home stood vacant and was threatened by vandals until the Foundation for Advance Architecture stepped in to help save the building.

Take a look at the photos below...photos hardly do the home justice.

I was fortunate enough to attend a reception in the home last year just as the sun was setting. The light seemed to bend into each room lending a feeling of warmth- not an adjective usually used in describing a modern structure.

(Images from Dwell.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment